Awards & Recognitions
- Certificate of Excellence 2013 and 2012 winner from Trip Advisor
This award celebrates hospitality excellence and is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor. Winners of the Certificate of Excellence are located all over the world and represent the upper echelon of businesses listed on the website, with only the top 10 percent receiving the prestigious award.
The Certificate of Excellence award is given to outstanding hospitality businesses that have received praise and recognition in reviews by TripAdvisor travelers. Winners of the award range from one-room bed and breakfasts to 6,000-room hotels, from bakeries to Michelin star restaurants and hidden attractions to world-renowned parks.
- Green Leaders Silver 2013
This award is part of TripAdvisor GreenLeaders(TM) program, helping its community of more than 200 million travelers plan greener trips by highlighting U.S. accommodations engaging in environmentally-friendly practices. Developed in partnership with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR(R) program, the U.S. Green Building Council, and the United Nations Environment Programme, qualifying hotels and B&Bs will be awarded TripAdvisor GreenLeaders status based on the green practices the property has in place.
The TripAdvisor GreenLeaders program considers a property's holistic approach to green practices and ranks them based on four levels of participation -- Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum . The more green practices a hotel has in place, the higher its TripAdvisor GreenLeaders level.
A comprehensive list of eco-friendly practices are evaluated, from linen and towel re-use, recycling and composting through to solar panels, electric car charging stations and green roofing.
- Battenkill Business Journal "Best Business Readers' Choice Award 2013
The Casablanca Motel was voted Number #1 Reader's Choice Award for the 'Best Place to Stay as a Guest" by the readers of the Battenkill Business Journal for 2013. This award was given to the best businesses in the Bennington County region of Vermont - the area served by the Battenkill Business Journal as voted by its readers.
- "Best Retro Escape"- Yankee Magazine's "Best of New England 2012" Editor's Choice Award This designation is awarded by Yankee's editors and contributors, who name select restaurants, lodgings, and attractions in New England to the exclusive list. The Casablanca Motel has been designated as a Best Retro Escape in Vermont.
- "Catching Cabin Fever" Vermont Magazine March/April 2012 issue."Vintage tourist cabins are retro-popular and part of the roadside scene once more. " Read about the early history of our cabins. Most folks say they enjoy the peacefulness of not sharing a wall with their neighbors; they love waking up to the birds singing and a fantastic view of the mountains, while still being close to town! It is their home away from home. The individuality of our cabins and their retro flair (while still having all the modern amenities) just adds to the charming atmosphere and brings people back to a simpler way of life.
- Wildlife Habitat certification by the National Wildlife Federation because of our commitment to conscientious planning, landscaping and sustainable gardening practices.
- BRAVO status earned from TripAdvisor.com for positive comments received from our guest ratings.
- Gold Star Certificate for going "above and beyond in support of community activities" awarded by The Manchester and the Mountains Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Environmental Partner status with the Green Hotel in the green Mountain State program. Because of our demonstrated commitment to preserving Vermont's environment, the Casablanca Motel has been recognized by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and the Small Business Development Center as an "Environmental Partner".