The Casablanca Motel is always happy to assist you with attraction and dining information.
- Manchester and the Mountains Chamber of Commerce - Manchester, Vermont where "The" Vermont Experience begins!" Representing 18 towns, in beautiful Southern Vermont where you can enjoy an outstanding four seasons sports venue, unique lodging and culinary experiences, restaurants highlighting local products, great shopping and cultural attractions. Give a call or visit their website for more information. Begin your visit with us and enjoy your stay.
- Shires of Vermont - The official designation for Vermont's southwest corner is Bennington County. The shires are a collective of 15 quintessential Vermont towns and villages connected by a scenic ribbon of highway knows as Historic Route 7A.
- Manchester Antique & Classic Car Show - A weekend of events with something for everyone featuring Hub Cap Painting for families, a silent auction, Trivia Competition, an electric car display along with a special event called 'Ask the Experts".
- The Vermont Summer Festival, six weeks of top equestrian competition in summer's most beautiful home: the Green Mountains
- Hills Alive-A Festival of Arts in Southern Vermont: Manchester Music Festival joins Dorset Theatre Festival (DTF), Southern Vermont Arts Center (SVAC) and Weston Playhouse Theatre Company (WPTC) to launch Hills Alive!, a collaborative partnership to present a full schedule of world-class stage productions, concerts, art and photography exhibitions and play readings at venues throughout the region..
- Manchester Sidewalk Sales: Bargains galore at the Designer Outlet stores
- Shires of Vermont Marathon - Vermont's oldest villages, New England's newest marathon. A scenic point-to-point 26.2 mile course connecting the Shire Towns of Manchester & Bennington
- Maple Leaf Half Marathon and 5K Run: - A 1/2 marathon winding through a scenic route with beautiful views looping through many back roads, some with hills. The Maple Leaf Half Marathon offers both a 5K run and a Fun Walk.
- Manchester Fall Arts & Craft Festival: formerly the Hildene Arts & Craft Festival. New location this year is at Riley Rink. Same great show with more spacious location.
- Manchester Merriment: Six weeks of holiday celebrations ;from Thanksgiving till New Years- Tree lighting, holiday inn tours, wine tastings, horse and wagon ride, lighted tractor parades, music events and family activities.
- Backroad Discovery Tours is a local guided tour service based in Manchester, VT. Experience the real Vermont and learn why we are called the perfect "State of Mind". Daily excursions are offered year round.
- Battenkill Sports Bicycle Shop: your one stop shop for sales, services and rentals
- Bike Manchester VT - is a bicycle-friendly website offering everything you might need to tour around the beautiful Manchester and the Mountains region from bike maps to bike-friendly lodging, restaurants and more.
- Bromley - Vermont's Summer Adventure:: You'll be alpine sliding, Zip Riding, bumper boating and more at Vermont's Summer Adventure before you know it. Be sure to check out their newest Aerial Park opening July 2012.
- Bromley Mountain Skiing & Snowboarding: Located 7 miles from The Casablanca Motel, Bromley is a great location for families to enjoy a day on the slopes.
- Chipman Stables : Beginners to experienced riders will truly enjoy our experienced, friendly trail guides who are always willing to help those who need a little extra attention.
- Covey-Nye Shooting Grounds: Clay target shooting instruction and walk-up pheasant hunting for beginners and shotgun enthusiasts alike. Join us for a great day, and a safe and unforgettable experience.
- Green Mountain Fishing Guide Service: Relax and enjoy a day of fishing with a professional guide. Come fish crystal clear lakes from a 20 foot pro-bass boat. Novice to expert, child to adult, everyone will enjoy a day of angling and instruction with all equipment included.
- Kimberly Farms of Shaftsbury, Vermont, offers unique riding experiences and panoramic views. The 60 acre farm includes Vermont's oldest marble quarry and a mountainside wildlife preserve..
- Land Rover Driving School: Accompanied by a professional Land Rover Experience Driving Instructor, you'll learn to properly navigate steep ascents and descents, pick the right line on side tilts, and maintain vehicle control in challenging off-road settings. Whether you're an avid enthusiast, seasoned adventurer or curious novice, each lesson will be customized to your individual skill level.
- Manchester Country Club: Nestled among gorgeous Vermont mountain vistas, the Manchester Country Club may be the ideal location for your next golf outing or social event. A private country club, Manchester CC is accessible through preferred lodging properties.
- Manchester Hot Glass Studio & Gallery: Classes in glassblowing are available any time of the year. They offer classes tailored to an individual or group.
- Merck Forest and Farm Center: Over 3100 acres for education and enjoyment in all seasons. Merck Forest offers thirty miles of nature trails, a visitor center & education center and has rare breeds of farm animals on display.
- Mountain View Ranch: The Mountain View Ranch mission statement is "To bond Horses and People together an a joyful way." Come visit us for a trail ride through the spectacular southern Vermont countryside or experience horseback riding lessons, childrens riding camps, life coaching sessions with horses, winter horse drawn sleigh rides, ranch riding vacation packages. We offer two location; Danby Mountain or at the Stratton Mountain Sun Bowl.
- Orvis Flyfishing & Wingshooting School: Located on Vermont's historic Battenkill river, the Orvis Outlet Store and Flagship Store offers a variety of outdoor activities. Spend a weekend mastering the art of fly fishing or learning to wing shoot at a one- or two-day school.
- Pfister Farm Sleigh Rides: Experience a truly historic Vermont tradition! Located in Landgrove, less than ten miles from downtown Manchester, Pfister Farm offers romantic sleigh rides throughout the winter.
- Riley Rink at Hunter Park - Close enough to walk to from the Casablanca Motel, Riley Rink offers indoor skating & curling in the wintertime and a variety of summer activities both indoors and out. Hunter Park is Southern Vermont's premier Civic Center.
- Stratton Mountain : Golfing; Skiing & Snowboarding: The highest peak in southern Vermont, Stratton Mountain is committed to delivering the best skiing and snowboarding experience in New England. Stratton's 27-hole golf course is a Geoffrey Cornish designed gem that has played host to six LPGA Tournaments. Surrounded by the cool Green Mountains of Vermont, this scenic and challenging lay-out is consistently ranked among New England's top resort golf courses (Golf Digest, Travel & Leisure Golf) and OPEN to the Public.
- Viking Nordic Center, which has been voted as Vermont's best Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe area, is located a short drive from Manchester. A wintertime ski resort, Viking Nordic Center offers 21 miles of weeded trails, great for hiking, biking, and experiencing the Vermont's amazing foliage views.
Shopping & Spa
- The Spa at Equinox: The Spa at the Equinox Resort offers a multitude of classic spa treatments including several unique specialty spa services such as; a pre-natal massage for the expecting and a ritualistic Egyptian full-body treatment.
- The Green Door Day Spa: An award winning day spa with over 70 beauty services, find a soothing environment here to enjoy your favorite beauty service.
- Manchester Designer Outlets: Spend a day strolling through the charming streets of Manchester! Visit Ralph Lauren, Yves Delorme, Coach, Giorgio Armani, and many more designer outlets.
- Antiquing: Whether you're interested in original artwork, antique furniture, or even quilts and knick-knacks, the Manchester area offers many possibilities.
- Northshire Bookstore: No trip to Manchester is complete without a visit to Vermont's premiere bookstore. The bookstore supports an extensive author program so, click on the link to see if an author you know is coming to town.
- The Vermont Country Store: Purveyors of the curious and hard to find. The Vermont Country Store is a merchant of nostalgic and practical merchandise. Whether you are looking for something in particular or just want to browse, this unique shopping experience is only 20 minutes from the Casablanca Motel.
Arts & Culture
- The Manchester Music Festival is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to provide gifted young musicians with opportunities to study and to perform, and to offer educational music programs throughout the Northeast. In addition, the Festival presents concerts of fine classical music for listeners/audiences of all ages.
- Hildene The Lincoln Family Home: This historic home of Robert Todd Lincoln, the only surviving child of Abraham Lincoln, currently houses a museum dedicated to the former president and his family. The property also boasts a beautiful garden in the spring and summer months and spectacular views year-round. Cross country ski in the wintertime on the beautiful grounds surrounded by mountains.
- Southern Vermont Arts Center: Located in an historic mansion near the inn, SVAC features ten art galleries exhibiting classic and contemporary art for sale. The campus also offers an indoor/outdoor cafe, sculpture gardens, and botany trails.
- Dorset Theatre - a unique summer theatre in New England. The Dorset Theatre Festival has been a fixture in the Dorset and Manchester area for more than 30 years.
- Weston Playhouse - It's your passport to a world of exciting characters, stories and places. In Weston you'll be delighted to find world-class theatre in the heart of Vermont.
- American Fly Fishing Museum: The museum, dedicated entirely to the history of fly fishing, contains an extensive collection of rods, reels, and flies on display. Enthusiasts will enjoy the museum store, which offers memorabilia from books to home décor.
- Museum of the Creative Process: Located at the Wilburton Inn a few miles from the Casablanca Motel, this museum promotes scientific interpretation of art and attempts to explain creativity as a measurable conflict resolution process.
- Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or taking a break from shopping or skiing, the Manchester area offers a variety of dining experiences to suit every pallet. Manchester offers everything from subs & sandwiches to gourmet dining. See the area Dining Guide available in our office and in your cabin for more information.